I Forgot How To Play Football – Fabregas

Cesc Fabregas has revealed the extent
of the alarming dip in form he suffered
earlier this season by admitting he forgot
how to play football.
The Chelsea midfielder says his
confidence was so low during a difficult
few months that he would receive the
ball and not know what to do next.
Fabregas was one of Chelsea’s best
performers last season, notching 18
Premier League assists to help Jose
Mourinho’s side claim the title.
“One time after a game, after
Bournemouth, I was in bed and I spoke to
my wife,” he told Goal.com. “I forgot how
to play football, I have the ball and I
don’t know what to do with it.
“It was hard, those two or three months
from November, when I had no
confidence.”
Following Mourinho’s sacking in
December while the club was hovering
dangerously close to the relegation zone,
Chelsea arrested the slump under Guus
Hiddink and Fabregas believes he is
returning back to his best form