Silence Of The Good Ones*



Do you know why I cry all day long?
Can you tell why I wail day in day out?
And, if I tell you, do you think I can stop?
Or, if you tell me, would that stop my tears?

Oh, it's the silence of the good ones.
The silence that kept us in penury,
The silence that rain abject poverty on us.
The silence seen as a good cowardice.

Why this silence, brother listening?
Why is it seen as a peaceful captivity?
Why is this silence seen as a nation
Where her citizens are seen absolutely waned?

Silence that walks in the minds of the good,
When will you grow old and seen with dead grey?
When will you die and be buried in this pit,
You enemy of our God-given success?

Our merits, rewards and priceless opportunities,
You silenced, caged them all, and all.
Could this stupid silence rooted in my veins?
Could it been it's planted deep inside my bone marrows?

This is why I cry all day long, all alone.
I can't get rid of it because, it flows in with my blood,
And the bad ones are daily grinning louder.
May God make a way; a way to get rid of this omen.

*©Jeomen*
Udekwe Chikadibia Johnmary.
*Good morning beloved, and Happy Sunday.*
All Rights Reserved
*®21/5/2017.*