" *I want to Write* "



I want to write,
Writing from my heart,
The sound of a drum...
Beating incessantly and pleasing my ears,
The drum shakes my legs,
And my head nodding rhythmically.

I want to write,
Writing from what my eyes can be-hold,
The dance of our maidens,
Shaking their waist and shining their thirty-two,
The drum tells me of them all the best,
As my eyes pleasantly stares, I was carried away lyrically.

I want to write,
How I was carried away,
How this drum was accused and carried away too,
Accused of chanting primitive,
Carried away by the bards,
I pleaded forcefully and was given piano.

I want to write!
From this writing I'll not write again,
Until my drum is back,
Our maidens dancing again,
I shall not play this piano that pays with pain.

For my ears shall fall out,
My eyes wailing tears like flood,


© *Jeomen*
Udekwe Chikadibia J. J.
25/1/2017
Good evening my Highness.