CASSANDRA - Season 1


Walking into my office in the early hours of Monday 5th January 2015 was this young man.
Dark, tall, strongly built and handsome. But one quick look at him, I noticed he was very troubled. He looked very shaken and nervous.
I smiled politely, offering him a chair.
‘’good morning sir’’ I greeted, wondering what was troubling such a strong dude this early in the day.
‘’I guess you are Coolval?. The guy I always read his stories online?’’ he asked, forcing out a smile. I nodded, smiling back.
‘’yes sir, but you can call me valentine’’ I replied quickly. He breathed deeply and shrugged.
‘’well I’m here to tell you a story. I’m here to pour out my heart so that you can write it down and share it out to the world . I want people to read my story and probably learn from it. This is a story of love, hopes and betrayal. This is a story that most unmarried guys out there, especially in Nigeria can relate to. It’s a story of my relationship with a young lady called CASSANDRA. A girl that sent me crashing down with love’’ he said with such a strong spirit, his eyes turning dark red as he cleared his throat to start one of the passionate stories I have ever heard.
——————————————————————————————–
My name is David Odueke. A native of Imo state, Nigeria. I’m thirty three years old and also the first son in a family of three boys and a girl. Now here is my story…
On 30th December 2013, my younger sister got married to the love of her life. It was a very happy and festive day for every member of my family and it equally was the day I made up my mind to do everything necessary to get married, since God in his infinite mercy was blessing me tremendously.
‘’I spotted you from afar and your beauty instantly attracted me’’ I said softly, drawing out another smile from Cassandra.
Oh you should have seen how my entire body shook with joy and satisfaction as I chatted with the beautiful damsel. In my mind she was already mine. All that was left was to propose and get married to her as quickly as possible.
I felt like running home to my parents, screaming that i have found a wife.
Yea that was exactly how I felt. I felt like a virgin boy who just got his first girlfriend and to be sincere she was the first classy girl or should I say sophisticated girl I was chatting up in such fashion. My head just swelled with lots of plans.
‘’I really will love to have your phone number so that we could chat up later’’ I finally demanded with great hopes.
She instantly obliged, giving me her phone number which I saved in my phone, complimented her looks one more time before walking away with great happiness.
‘’thank you God’’ I breathed happily.
——————————————————————
Very early the next day, after a very restless night filled with dreams, I called Cassandra on phone for the first time. My heart pounded furiously as I waited for her to pick up.
‘’hey good morning, it’s David, Amara’s brother’’ I quickly greeted and soon as she picked up the call.
‘’hey good morning, what’s up’’ she replied lively, encouraging me with her reply.
‘’hope you got home on time yesterday?’’ I asked,
‘’yep’’ she answered,
‘’hope your people are cool?’’ I asked,
‘’yep’’ she answered,
‘’so what actually do you want from me?’’ Cassandra suddenly asked, leaving her beautiful eyes on me. I tried to relax as I met her gaze, breathing heavily as I quickly formed an answer in my mind.
‘’I know you probably must be hearing what I’m about telling you everyday but I beg of you to believe me. I’m not a kid and I’m equally not getting younger. I’m at the ripe age to settle down and I’m here with you today because you have all the qualities I need in a wife. I really would so much appreciate if you will consider me much more than a friend.
Let’s make things happen together. Let’s fix our future together’’ I answered solemnly, my heart pounding furiously as I watched her reaction. She simply smiled and shrugged.
‘’invariably, you want me as a wife and not as a girlfriend?’’ she asked slowly. I nodded quickly.
‘’well just like you said, this isn’t the first, second nor third time I’m hearing such words. I’m equally not a kid nor a naive young girl who would shiver on hearing the word marriage. To win someone like me, you will have to work hard for it. You will first work your way into my heart . first as a friend, then as a lover before I can even consider you. ‘’ she simply replied, leaving me a bit excited and confused at the same time.
‘’but we are already friends right?’’ I asked with a smile. She rolled her eyes.
‘’well for now, we are mere acquaintances. You haven’t proved yourself as a friend yet’’ she answered, leaving me extremely surprised. My face fell.
‘’come on, don’t be like that. You should know I’m not an easy person. I don’t mess around. So you have all the time to prove yourself to me. You are aiming towards marriage and it requires dedication and commitment’’ she preached while I shrugged with resignation.
I took Cassandra out for a wonderful dinner in one of the new expensive restaurants in town before we returned to my apartment for a good night rest.
My hormones raged on fire as we settled on my bed that fateful evening. My heart throbbed loudly as a thousand and one thoughts raced through my head. In fact the way I felt was simply indescribable. Cassandra’s actions were just totally encouraging.
‘’perhaps I might even get the chance to blow her tonight’’ I reasoned as I la!d beside her, staring into her beautiful eyes.
Even though I had three extra rooms in my apartment, I made Cassandra to sleep in my room, though with the expectation that she might decline but surprisingly she made no argument nor refused sleeping in my room.
She accepted with good faith which made me love her the more because her behavior made me to see her as a very matured and respectful lady.
‘’why are you staring at me like that?’’ she softly asked as we exchanged glances.
I breathed deeply and closed my eyes for some seconds.
‘’I’m so happy. I really cant believe you are here with me’’ I confessed. She blushed and shifted uneasily.
‘’come on stop it. Moreover I know you have lots of girlfriends’’ she breathed.
‘’well since I got to this town I haven’t even seen a lady of my choice, talk more of having her as a girlfriend. Though my line of business hardly gives me the opportunity to mingle with ladies. So you are the only lady in my life right now and I want you to occupy that position for eternity’’ I answered. She kept quiet, saying nothing.
‘’don’t you like me?’’ I suddenly asked for no reason, drawing close to caress her face. My hand trembled as I touched her affectionately.
Nora’s side of the story;
As narrated by Nora

The look my cousin and sister gave me as I walked into the apartment really made me very uncomfortable, nevertheless I forced out a smile, trying my best to appear calm.
‘’good evening dear brother, I never knew you were coming in today. I thought you told everyone that you will be coming over tomorrow?’’ I joyfully asked my cousin, sitting by his side. The frown on his face kind of increased, making me shift uneasily as I waited for him to say something.
‘’Nora tell me the reason you abandoned your baby to go after that silly man once again?. I guess what he did to you in the past didn’t teach you enough lesson huh?. By the way, why do you even want me to help him?” he asked angrily while my sister nodded in support. I shifted nervously once again, throwing a quick look at my sister for support which wasn’t forthcoming.
‘’David is innocent. I don’t have the mind to let him suffer for what he didn’t do. I have a conscience’’ I breathed slowly.
‘’A guy used you like a toy, dumped you, disrespected you, and disrespected your family. And you are here talking about conscience. What makes you think that he didn’t even commit the crime he is being accused of? Believe me, a guy like him can do anything to a lady’’ he said seriously, forcing me to hold his hand.
‘’why are you saying all these brother?, I thought you already promised to help?’’ I asked passionately.
‘’oh yes I’m going to help that b-----d but I’m just letting you know on time what you are getting into.
Nora’s side of the story;
As narrated by Nora
It was already few minutes past ten in the morning when I was able to round up things and get set to visit David at the police station.
My cousin however showed up the minute I was about leaving the house.
‘’hmmm, I see you prepared a delicious meal for your David?’’ he joked, eyeing the food flask with me. I breathed deeply and smiled.
‘’yes but I guess, I’m already late. I had to first take care of my little baby before heading to his apartment to pick up some of his belongings. That kind of delayed me’’
I explained as if he needed the explanation.
He smiled and shrugged.
‘’you shouldn’t have to worry that much. Your David will be free very soon’’
he muttered softly, leaving me as curious as ever.
‘’really!, tell me is there any new development?’’ I asked.
‘’Yes the police are yet to build up a case against him, and so with my skills, I negotiated his freedom though it will cost him three hundred thousand naira’’ he explained with a smile, turning my excitement into a big frown with his words. I stared at him suspiciously
‘’what do you mean you secured his freedom with such a staggering amount? Come on I thought you were helping me, but I can’t help but feel that you only offered to help out of your own personal gain. Don’t tell me the police will simply take such an amount from a lawyer like you simply to free an innocent man?” I asked pointedly. This time around it was his turn to frown.
Seeing David get very affectionate with me, of course my head swelled with great desire to hold him tightly and to feel his kisses but then I had to push him away because I felt he merely wanted to get back with me because he had no choice than to do it.
Even though I badly wanted him by my side,
I wasn’t ready to cheapen myself to him like I did in the past. He had to prove his love.
He had to fight to prove himself worthy of me.
I already survived long difficult months without him and I had the strength of living without him for the rest of my life.
The look on his face clearly showed how much my action shocked him. I couldn’t believe he was expecting me to kiss him with great happiness because of his sudden display of affection. I breathed deeply and headed towards the door.
‘’I have to leave now. Some of your belongings are in my house, you can come pick them up later’’ I added softly, grabbing the door knob.
‘’please Nora wait. I’m very sorry for being very disrespectful. I was carried away by my emotions. However you should know that I said those words from the bottom of my heart.
The terrible night I spent in the cell gave me the opportunity to see things clearly.
I’m the most foolish man on earth.
I threw away the gift God gave me to pursue shadows. I understand how you feel but please just promise to think things through’’ he begged, drawing close to hold my hands.
His touch made me tremble within me.
David’s side of the story;
As narrated by David
We spent a whole lot of time with my sister and mother who were quite delighted to see Nora and I together. The topic of discussion soon centered on me after Nora told them all I passed through in the hands of Cassandra’s father. Nora really had a good descriptive prowess and she kind of held my sister and mother spell bound with her story.
All I could do was just to look down in shame.
Yes I really felt embarrassed listening as she narrated my ordeal.
‘’you are really God sent my dear. You now see the reason why you guys should be together. You are stronger together than apart. I see my son is slowly coming to his senses and you have to be with him to support and guide him to the right track’’ my mother slowly chipped in with an understanding smile, while Nora keep quiet, saying nothing.
————————————————————
When we finally got set to leave, my sister gave me the contact of one of Cassandra’s friends.
‘’her name is Jessica, she is Cassandra’s neighbor and I feel if anyone is to know Cassandra’s whereabouts, she would be the one to know. Anyway just be civil with her, don’t be aggressive or she won’t speak to you’’ she advised, equally describing the girl’s physical looks to me.
——————————-
As Nora and I headed home afterwards, all that occupied my mind was finding Cassandra.
I couldn’t even start a conversation with Nora who was sitting beside me because I was so preoccupied with my thoughts. I desperately needed to get to the root of the matter.
David’s side of the story;
As narrated by David
‘’you b-----d!, tell me; where is Cassandra?” I asked breathlessly, shaking the young man furiously. Chinedu quickly did the right thing by separating us. He pushed me backwards, begging me to calm down.
‘’I heard you were locked up by the police for Cassandra’s disappearance?. Why are you now asking me about Cassandra?” the young doctor quickly asked, trying his best to compose himself.
‘’I just got back to the country yesterday, to learn that my Cassandra is still missing.
Why are you here?. Are you not supposed to be in police custody?” he asked furiously, taking a surprising step towards me. Chinedu quickly blocked him.
‘’listen guys, we are in a public place.
We have many things to sort out concerning Cassandra’s disappearance but not here.
Actually my friend thought you left the country with Cassandra in order to get back at him but your reaction is currently proving otherwise.
We definitely have a big issue to tackle but not here. Unless we wish to embarrass ourselves before the little kids around’’ he said intelligently. The doctor nodded, drew back and headed to his car.
‘’this isn’t over David. I will find you. You have a lot of explanations to make’’ he breathed, entered his car and drove off. I shook my head with disbelief.
‘’what do you think?. ‘’ I asked Chindeu who shrugged.
‘’the young man looked very surprised when you asked about Cassandra. Perhaps he isn’t responsible for her disappearance.
Source :www.waploaded.com

4 comments

Wow dis is good

Wen is season gonna be available

I mean season 2...bro abass